What is Google Calendar?
How Do I Use Google Calendar?
Is there a Mobile App for Google Calendar?
|Android||Google Calendar on Google Play Store|
|iOS||Google Calendar on Apple App Store|
|Web||Google Calendar on Web|
If you are looking to learn on the go, Audible is for you. Audible has a huge library of audiobooks on a variety of topics and listening to audiobooks is a great way to learn on the go. Audible includes podcasts and Audible Originals as well. For more information on Audible, click the link below to get your first 30 days on Audible for free:
How to Create a New Calendar in Google Calendar?
Creating a new calendar in Google Calendar is very straightforward.
- Go to Google Calendar. In the left panel, you should see a heading marked “Other calendars” with a plus (+) button to the right. Click the plus (+) button.
- The calendar options menu show appear as shown above. Select “Create new calendar” from the available options.
- Next, fill in the name and description of your new calendar as shown in the screenshot above. Click “Create calendar” to finish creating your calendar.
- Your new calendar will now appear under “My calendars” in Google Calendar.
How To Create An Event In Google Calendar
Google Calendar makes it very easy to get started creating an event. To create an event in Google Calendar, do the following:
- Open Google Calendar to the calendar you want to add the event to and click the “Create” button.
- The configure event window will appear as shown in the screenshot above. Type in a title for your event in the text box marked “Add Title”. Next, set a date for your task as indicated in the screenshot above. Optionally, you can configure: adding guests, adding a Google Meet conference, add location, and add description or attachments.
- Once you have the event configured the way you want, click the “Save” button to save your event to your Google Calendar.
- Your event will now appear on your Google Calendar.
Looking to automate your productivity workflow? You should check out my Guide to the Elgato Stream Deck. Stream Deck allows you to set up actions that can be enabled by a simple push of a button.
How to Send an Invite in Google Calendar
- Open the event you want to share in Google Calendar
- Click on the “Edit event” button as shown in the screenshot above
- Under “Guests”, type in the email address of the person(s) you want to invite to your Google Calendar event
- Next, set the guest permissions in the “Guest permissions” section and click the “Save” button as shown in the screenshot above
- Finally, click the “Send” button when asked whether you would like to send the invitation email to your Google Calendar event as shown in screenshot above.
How to Set a Reminder in Google Calendar
- Under “My calendars”, make sure that “Reminders” is checked as shown in the screenshot above
- Click the “Create” button as shown above
- Next, Click on the “Reminder” tab as shown in the screenshot above
- Set the time you want the reminder to trigger and click the “Save” button
- Your reminder is now set in Google Calendar.
How to Create a Recurring Task in Google Calendar
To create a recurring task in Google Calendar, do the following:
- Open your event in Google Calendar and click the “Edit event” button as shown in the screenshot above
- Click on the “Does not repeat” drop-down button
- A pop-up menu will appear with some preset recurring time options. Choose one of these or choose “Custom” if you want to set a customized recurring interval for your event
- If you chose the “custom” option, a new dialog box will appear as shown above. Configure the custom interval and click “Done”
- Verify the recurring schedule is accurate as in the screenshot above and click the “Save” button to save your recurring schedule to your event in Google Calendar
- Your event will now recur based on the recurring schedule you set
How to Delete an Event in Google Calendar
- Open your Google Calendar event and click on the trash can icon as shown in the screenshot above
- If you have guests that were invited to your Google Calendar event, you will be presented with an option to send a cancellation email to them. Click “Send” to send the cancellation email to your guests.
- Your event should now be deleted from your Google Calendar
How to Delete a Google Calendar
Sometimes, you want to delete an entire calendar from your Google Calendar. Fortunately, Google makes it very easy to do so. To delete a calendar from Google Calendar, do the following:
- In the left panel under “My calendars”, hover over the calendar you want to delete and click on the ellipsis button as shown in the screenshot above.
- Click “Settings and sharing” to open the calendar settings screen
- Click the “Remove Calendar” tab in the left panel. Then, under “Remove calendar”, click the “Delete” button as shown in the screenshot above.
- A warning dialog box will appear letting you know that you are about to permanently delete the calendar. Click the “Permanently Delete” button to delete the calendar from Google Calendar.
Your calendar will now be deleted from Google Calendar.
How to Add Attachments in Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar on your computer
- Open an existing event or create a new event.
- You will see an add attachment button at the bottom of the description box.
- Either choose a file that is already present on your google drive, or you can upload a file from your computer.
Open Google Calendar
Open up Google Calendar on your computer and log into your account.
Open an Existing Event or Create a New Event
Determine whether you want to add an attachment to an existing event or a new event and open that event.
Click on the Add Attachment Button
Click on the “Add attachment” button as shown in the screenshot above.
Select the Upload Option
Select the upload option you want from the tabs as shown in the screenshot above. There are four options:
- My Drive (your Google Drive account)
- Shared with me
For this tutorial, I will choose the “Upload” option.
Click the “Upload” button
Click the “Upload” button as shown above to upload the file to your event in Google Calendar.
Your file should now be attached to your event as shown in the screenshot above.
What does busy and free mean on Google Calendar?
How to Share Your Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar in your browser.
- Hover over the calendar under “My Calendars” and click the vertical ellipsis
- Select “Settings and sharing”
- Click the “Add people” button under “Share with specific people.”.
- Email addresses of people or Google groups can be added.
- You can adjust the permission settings by clicking the dropdown menu.
- For the recipient to add the Calendar to their list, they must click the emailed link.
Open Google Calendar
Open up Google Calendar in your browser.
Hover over the Calendar You Want to Share
In the “My Calendars” section, hover over the calendar you want to share. Click the vertical ellipsis as shown in the screenshot above.
Select “Settings and sharing”
Choose the “Settings and sharing” option as shown in the screenshot above to bring up the sharing options for this calendar.
Click the “Add People” button
Scroll down to the “Share with specific people” section. Click the “Add people” button.
Type in the name or email address of the person you want to add to the calendar. Click Send to send them an invite to the calendar. The people you add to the calendar will receive an invite to your calendar. They must click the link in the email to be able to view the calendar.
Can I have Google Calendar on my desktop?
Do you need a Google account to use Google Calendar
Can you send a Google Calendar to invite to non-Gmail users?
The answer is yes.
How do I know if my Calendar is public?
How do I make Google Calendar private?
What is the difference between private and only me on Google Calendar?
How to change the color of my Google Calendar?
- Navigate to Google Calendar once you are logged into your Google account.
- Click the “Options” icon (3 stacked dots) to open the options for each Calendar on the left side of the screen.
- Using the color palette, choose the desired color. A new color is chosen for the Calendar.
Does Google Calendar Support Dark Mode?
While the Google Calendar apps for iOS and Android support dark mode, at the time of writing, the web version does not support dark mode.
How to Copy Events in Google Calendar
To copy events from one Google Calendar to another, do the following:
- You need to be logged in to your Google account to use Google Calendar.
- Choose Settings and sharing from the dropdown menu under My Calendars on the left side of the page.
- You can download a ZIP file of the Calendar by selecting the Export calendar button.
- Now extract the zip file and copy the ICS file to somewhere on your computer.
- Open to google calendar and choose the Calendar to which you want to copy those events.
- Go to settings, and select the import option.
- Select the ICS file from your computer, and you will see that all the events are copied to the new Calendar.
How to restore deleted events in Google Calendar?
- Click on the “settings” option from the top right corner and select “Trash” from the menu as shown in the screenshot above.
- Here you will see all the deleted events. If you want to restore an event, then click on the “restore” icon in front of an event as shown in the screenshot above, and it will be restored.