Google Drive and its related applications are useful for anyone with a Google account. There are non-Google users bothered about availing of these services and applications of Google. If that sounds like your concern, let’s begin with the common question – can you use Google Docs with a Yahoo account?
It’s feasible to use Google Docs and other cloud-based services of Google with a Yahoo account, but there are limitations. Most operations are limited to view-only. This process needs a setup on your Yahoo account to connect with Google Drive.
In this article, let’s look at the exact method to use Google Docs without a Google account so you can make the most of it.
How To Use Google Docs Without A Google Account
Using Google Docs without a Google account is feasible but begins with a basic setup linking both services.
The exact method to connect Google Drive to your Yahoo Mail application is listed below:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app on your device.
- Tap on your profile and then select Settings -> Connect Services.
- Select the service from the list. In this case, it’s Google.
- Sign in with credentials.
- Tap on Allow to enable your Yahoo account to access files stored on Google Drive.
In the future, if you share the Google Docs link, you can still view and download files with a non-Google account.
If you’re wondering how to disconnect the link with Google Drive, follow the same process mentioned above to see the list of services linked to. Tap on the service (Google Drive) you’d like to disconnect.
Now that you’ve understood to use Google Docs without a Google account, here are some tips to ensure you’re doing it right.
- The file (or Google Doc link) needs to be emailed as an attachment to the non-Google account holder.
- The access permission should be set to anyone having a link to access the document. This fastens the process as you share the link.
Is It Better To Have A Yahoo Or Gmail Account
Yahoo and Gmail accounts have respective pros and cons. Depending upon your usage and requested services, it’s fair to choose one of them. In general, holding a Google account opens up your access to many applications, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Books, Keep, and much more.
If you’re struggling to make a decision, follow the steps below.
- What’s the purpose of the account?
- What are the services or support required from the account?
- What’s the usage level?
Ask yourself. If you’re a minimal mail user, a Yahoo account is sufficient. Alternatively, you can use a Google account for better productivity and collaboration.
Several billions of users worldwide are taking advantage of technologies, and Google accounts play significant roles in enabling collaboration, engagement, and flexibility. Perhaps, non-Google accounts can also access documents owned by Google account holders, but there are limitations with it. Make a fair decision based on your usage level!